Employer Role Suitability Assessment to Support Evidencing the Assessment Process
Level 3 INFRASTRUCTURE TECHNICIAN
The apprentice must have a job role with you that provides opportunities for them to practice ALL of the technical competencies and behaviours required to achieve the apprenticeship.
To help determine whether the job role will allow the apprentice to successfully meet the requirements of the apprenticeship, please answer the following questions.
- Shadowing (individual follows or shadows another worker doing the type of work) or simulation (imitation of actual work) are NOT acceptable solutions for low exposure.
- Secondment (the temporary transfer of the apprentice to another position or type of work) is an acceptable method of providing opportunities for the apprentice to carry out work and produce outcomes consistent with the competencies in the Standard.
- The apprentice must have genuine opportunities to be able to carry out ALL types of work themselves (i.e. not watching other workers do it) and the activities or tasks must be real work and not made up just for the apprenticeship.
The scale definitions are:
- High Exposure – Opportunities to carry out this type of work occur frequently or day-to-day
- Moderate Exposure – Opportunities to carry out this type of work will occur multiple times
- Low Exposure – Opportunities to carry out this type of work occur rarely
- No Exposure – Opportunities to carry out this type of work do not exist